CHARLES R. MORGAN
CEO of THE MORGAN GROUP, Georgia
Unlike most designers, my focus has always been on a very particular type of man. My job is to create clothing for the enlightened man. It has nothing to do with body type, financial disposition, or social status. Each piece is created for the man who seeks more. A perfect example is Mr. Charles Morgan. Initially introduced to us through “41”, many years ago. Over the years, Mr. Morgan has become a great client and an even greater friend. Former chief counsel for BellSouth and then Chiquita Brands, Mr. Morgan is not one to be pushed around. Whenever he is in New York, he makes it a point to stop by the lodge for even a few minutes to have a drink and say hello. A true gent in every way. My favorite story with Mr. Morgan was one night he stopped by the lodge for a drink before a black tie event during the 2012 election. I asked Mr. Morgan if the electoral college was indeed real and not some system controlled by the Koch brothers to determine the U.S. Presidency. Mr. Morgan looked at me and said, with a solid tone, “Put your tux on and come with me tonight, you can meet a lot of the members of the Electoral College”.
- Hotel of choice — The Carlyle
- Favorite restaurant — Commander’s Palace in New Orleans
- Favorite thing to do in NYC — Work out at the New York Athletic Club.
- Favorite bar in NYC — Bemelmans
- Favorite cocktail — McCallans on the rocks
- What differentiates VKN from anything else you own — Unsurpassed Quality and Timeless Style
- Favorite VK Nagrani picks — Great socks, awesome shirts, and fantastic sweaters!