For men, the word fashion drums up fear and insecurity. And it should because fashion is for adolescent high school kids. Grown men should focus on style, not fashion. If you look to magazines or catalogs, you are not stylish. Those images are designed to sell you more shit that you do not need. And really, the guy who dresses like that in real life looks like a douche bag.
Let us show you how to simplify your life and create the hybrid wardrobe. It is easy, efficient and will prevent you from looking like a douche.
Shop your closet before you shop the store.
For most men, their closet is a storage unit for failed attempts at trying to be fashionable. Because you chose fashion over style, you have a closet full of crap that even homeless people would find offensive.
Every six months you should take an hour and go through your closet. If you have not worn something in six months (assuming you change your options between seasons) you should get rid of it. There are many people who would get use of what you have in your closet collecting dust.
Here is a strategy that will help elevate your life and the less fortunate:
- Go through each piece in your closet and pick your favorites. Not sentimental nonsense, but the best-looking pieces in your closet. Take them to a tailor and get them re-fitted to your current self.
- Look for redundancy. If you have 12 “expressive” t-shirts, get rid of 8. If you have more than one “party” shirt, get rid of anything extra.
- Get rid of anything with oversized logos.
- For jeans, make it simple. A beat up pair for the weekends, a clean, dark pair for almost anything else. Make sure they fit right and are shaped to best enhance your phenotype.
Building the Hybrid Closet – The Essentials
In achieving Hybrid success, it is essential that you look at your wardrobe as one unit. Each piece should work together to create a single unit. Most men have a bunch of spare parts that add up to one big pile of shit.
Here is what you need:
- Three pair of jeans. One dark, slim fitted jean that work with loafers and sneakers. One dark, fitted jean that you can wear with boots. One pair of vintage jeans that you take to the tailor and reshape to your body. Make sure you patch up all the holes. These are your casual, cool jeans and should be worn with loafers, moccasins or sneakers.
- A well fitted navy sport coat. Just buy the VKNAGRANI cotton jersey aviator coat. It is perfect.
- A suit. If you are in shape, like to have sex and enjoy being a human rather than a sheep, get the Branson suit from VKNAGRANI. We only make navy or grey, and that is all you will ever need.
- Two colors in a solid tie.
- Six Solid White shirts.
- Three striped, three checked shirts.
- Six solid colored shirts. Light blue, navy, light grey or a soft fashion color.
- A great sneaker, a great loafer and some shoes that have laces and made of leather.
- Six great fitting t-shirts.
- 12 pairs of underwear that flatters your body and are comfortable. Stick to cotton, God knows what chemicals are in those tech fabrics. They wick away sweat and may wick away your penis.
- The accoutrements of the wardrobe can be an experiment in self-expression. Swimsuits, cufflinks, and socks – let it rip.
Moral of the story: Keep It Simple Stupid. Simplicity is the essence of sophistication. Well-fitted, well-made and high quality fabrics should be the only thing you are paying attention to when building the foundation of your wardrobe. Now, you can mix, match, and create without fear. Everything works as a unit. Everything functions to elevate your life.